The Staci Stephens Fund, Inc. utilizes several avenues for you to provide your comments and other information you would like us to have.
This site is used for Journaling and signing the guestbook. Please be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you.
- In the Journaling Tab, we have provided poems, and other things we have found that have helped us through the grieving process.
- In the guestbook tab, we would love to have your comments on our site, the DVD, or anything that comes to your heart. Please be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you.
- Simply click on the Guestbook tab and provide your comments to us.
You can provide comments via email to:
You can provide comments to the above caringbridge web site also
You can provide information to Student Venture (Campus Crusade for Christ) via email:
You can visit the web site that was created by Campus Crusade for Christ Student Venture team, http://www.stacistory.com/talk.htm.
Myspace - Display Name - “Staci’s Mom”
My Mom is a survivor, or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying at night when all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night and go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her to help her understand.
But like the sands on the beach that never wash away . . .
I watch over my surviving mom, who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others . . . a smile of disguise!
But through Heaven's door I see tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with death to keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her knows it is her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom through Heaven's open door . . .
I try to tell her that angels protect me forevermore.
I know that doesn't help her . . .or ease the burden she bears.
So if you get a chance, go visit her . . .and show her that you care.
For no matter what she says . . .no matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart that time won't ever heal.
You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes,
love Jesus and go on.
When a stone is dropped into a lake, it quickly disappears from sight –
but its impact leaves behind a series of ripples that broaden
and reach across the water. In the same way, the impact of one life
lived for Christ will leave behind an influence for good that will reach
the lives of many others.
God didn’t promise days without pain,
Laughter without sorrow,
Or sun without rain.
But God did promise strength for the day,
Comfort for the tears
And a Light for the way.
And for all who believe in His kingdom above,
He answers their faith
With EVERLASTING LOVE!
We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly. In death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone, for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories.
Your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the Chain will link again.
Since Heaven has become your home
I always feel alone
And though we now are far apart
You hold a big piece of my heart
I never knew how much I’d grieve
When it was time for you to leave
Or just how much my heart would ache
From that one fragment you would take.
God lets this tender hole remain
Reminding me that we will meet again
And one day all the pain will cease
When He restores this missing piece.
He’ll turn to joy my every tear
And when I say your name my dear
This will become my simple way
To treasure our reunion day
GOD WILL WIPE AWAY EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES; THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DEATH, NOR SORROW, NOR CRYING. THERE SHALL BE NO MORE PAIN, FOR THE FORMER THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY.
- (REVELATION 21:4 *NKJV )
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas
choir up here. I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices
bring. For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing or love he has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ
Apostle Paul Ministries, P O Box 55996, Hayward, CA 94545
This Poem was written on Staci’s Funeral Pamphlet.
'Tomorrow Never Comes,' was written by Norma Cornett Marek in 1989 as, in her words, 'a tribute to a beloved child I lost, in hopes it would cause people to never be careless or too busy to let our loved ones know we love them.'
If I knew it would be the last time That I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.
If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.
If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day after day.
If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute
to stop and say 'I love you,' instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day,
Well I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.
For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance to make everything just right.
There will always be another day to say 'I love you,'
And certainly there's another chance to say our 'Anything I can do’s?'
But just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight.
So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day,
That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one last wish.
So hold your loved ones close today, and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear
Take time to say 'I'm sorry,' 'Please forgive me,' 'Thank you,' or 'It's okay.' And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.
THIS POEM became a song. You can hear the melody at www.stacistephens.com, Remembrance / Media tab.
Norma Marek passed away July 18, 2004, after a prolonged battle with cancer. Before her death, she began working with singer/songwriter Ray Paquet to put her words to music. The song was completed in May 2004 and Norma got to hear it before she died.
"Oh, Little Brother
I am so sorry be comforted by God For He Loves You . . .
Oh, Little Brother
Do not grieve or fall into pain, Do not feel hopeless
For the Lord Your God is beside You, Fall Upon Him
Oh, Little Brother
Do not weep, be glad, for your sister is above
Above and looking down on you with a smile
So jump and sing! Play and rejoice!
For Staci has been given her greatest wish
She is Home!”
As I walk along these hallowed halls today
I remember a friend that passed away
She left so sudden and there was so many things I wanted to say,
I wish I could have told her how I really felt,
I felt like as if somebody stabbed me and never took the knife out,
But as I mourn for her death,
I know I’ll see her again in heaven someday,
I know I’ll see that beautiful smile on her face,
But I’ll never forget her child-like innocence,
And her thirst for God
In Loving Memory of Staci Stephens
1989 – 2005
If you would like to donate to “The Staci Stephens Fund, Inc.,” a tax-deductible 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization.
To donate via Paypal, Click Here:
- This morning went FANTASTIC!!! We had around 60 or more total students, 3 parents, and 1 other teacher in the Multipurpose Room watching the video this morning. We then passed out those booklets that went with the Staci Story and I had my officers read it together with them at their tables. God was definitely speaking through the video, booklets, my officers, and myself.....IT WAS AWESOME!!! I passed out a small slip at the end of our time together, and (17) kids wrote that they accepted Christ for the first time!!! The rest of the students marked that they had accepted Christ before, but they wanted to start living for Him. We told the students that needed a Bible, and wanted to "Read the Cover" off of it, to grab a Bible, (they were gone before I could look!!!) IT WAS A VERY EXCITING MORNING ALL AROUND!!! P.S. The best part of the morning was that I had been inviting my Basketball Team for weeks, and the entire team came but one (even our manager). Five of the girls asked Jesus in their Heart this morning for the first time ever!!! Now I know why I Coach!!!
- I just wanted to email you to THANK YOU, and let you know how God is working through Staci's Life and Testimony in the students at my school. Last year we had around 85 students view her story, with 15 kids giving their lives to Christ. This year, my FCA Officers have handed out over 600 personal invitation/flyers for our Huddle this upcoming Friday morning. We have invited all of the teachers, and are praying that God will work!!! We THANK YOU for Staci's Story!!! God Bless!!!
- Aloha from Hawaii, Staci's story is truly inspiring and uplifting. I saw clips of her story on YouTube. My wife heard Staci's story at an Awana Scholarship Camp last year and she was touched. I don't know much but when I see Staci's pictures...in her eyes and in her smile...you can see a joy that can only come from knowing Jesus. Let us spread her Joy here in Hawaii...
- I don't know Staci at all but it was emotional watching this and reading about her and the impact she made and continues to make. She is a beautiful girl and as someone who was in youth ministry for 10 years and loves teenagers I wish I would have known her. The first time I saw the DVD I knew how powerful it was, however I misplaced the website and spent a month looking for it again before I found where I had written it. I look forward to taking this story across the world as I minister.
- We had a God night. About 30 students accepted Christ and the video was a large part of that. The following are a few comments received: "This week has really been one of the best camps that I have ever been to. Over all the best message for me was the video over the high schooler that totally changed her community. And that was just so cool to me because it showed that just by being positive around people you can show God’s love and others will notice."
- I played Staci's video on the last night of a youth retreat in Indiana on the weekend and it was amazing. I saw some of the most powerful and real altar ministry I have ever seen as God ministered to students. I believe God transformed lives on the weekend and Staci helped open hearts for God to move. She did it again!! I still cannot watch the video without being humbled by her life and overwhelmed by the effect her ministry is having. I feel like I know her.
- I have read about her, heard of her, I watch it all the time - I want to be like her I am doing a presentation about my hero and mine is Staci even if I never knew her. She has done a number in my life may I report your daughter is a women after God and I know she is with him at his side right now.
- Thank you so much for sharing Staci's story. It has greatly impacted me and I am rejoicing with you that your daughter is now with our Savior. I look forward to meeting her someday. I sent her website to so many people in hopes that God will use it to draw them to himself. God's grace is amazing!! There is no greater joy than to know that your daughter is with our heavenly father and that God is using her testimony to share the Gospel with so many others. Thanks you so much
- Staci is still touching lives across North America as I travel and play the DVD. I use it at every youth camp or retreat I do - usually on the last night incorporated in a message I give titled "uprising". I never get tired of seeing it myself and it inspires me continually.
- As Christians, we need to outreach to others and share Jesus. Staci Stephens did just that. Staci was saved in 2004 and died in March of 2005. There was an instant transformation from the moment she accepted the Lord into her heart. The web site is not a memorial to Staci, but rather a testament of our Almighty Father's power, grace, love and mercy. At such a young age those Staci came in contact with knew there was something different about her. I never met Staci but I can assure you that if you visit the web site and view the movie and read her testimony, that she will make an impact on your life. Individually our circles are small, but when we combine our territory under the name of Jesus ... GREAT THINGS WILL HAPPEN!
- Since the beginning of the year I have heard of Staci and her story but didn't really understand what happened. I received my TCHS yearbook today and saw the Staci Stephens page and went to the web site. I began to watch the video and read of Staci and was deeply touched. I kinda had a falling out with Jesus and my faith recently and while watching the video on the home page of the web site I felt this, "over coming" maybe even happiness. I asked myself, "Why am I not sad right now? Why are Staci's friends and family in the video not crying?" I took a second, thought, and the answer came to me. "It's because they have faith, they have Jesus" I understood. Right there at that moment I felt like my relationship with the Lord was rekindled. It just goes to show, even though Staci has passed and is physically not with us, she continues to touch people and bring them closer to God. Thank you Staci. May your glory and love continue to shine down from Heaven.
- I just wanted you to know that I am very touched by Staci's story. I am 15 and I live in Alton, Illinois. I think that Staci was an AMAZING girl and that she was very, very gorgeous! I recently found Jesus in myself when I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hypothyroidism. I know it is not as bad as what Staci had but it still makes me think. Staci was a remarkable young girl and she would have made a wonderful woman.
- I am a youth leader for Fusion Point Student Ministries, and I just want to let you know that I pray for my youth to have the passion and the hunger for Christ that I saw in Staci. I would've loved to know her. Thank you for that video, it really touched me in a powerful way. God Bless you and your family.
- I read about Staci this last week in Cocoa Beach and was very touched by her story. I have a little blond haired blue-eyed girl myself and couldn’t imagine breathing without her. I have been thinking about Staci and her word ever since and just wanted you to know that she has touched me. I have been struggling with my relationship with Jesus lately and somehow Staci has made me think about that. Even though Staci is not here physically, she is still here and is doing a wonderful thing through God. Her video is one that spreads the word and one that I have been watching daily. Thank you so much for her web site.
- Your daughter’s story had forever changed my life, your daughter was a gift from heaven and you were so blessed. I was raised in Huntington Beach California and wasn't really raised with any knowledge of church. I started going with my grandma every once in awhile when I visited her in another state and I thought, you know, if I get baptized, I thought, hey if I just go on Sunday and worship that would be good enough so that’s what I did on and off again. I would go to church then I stopped going and got involved with all the wrong people. Then about three months ago my oldest brother says, hey you should come to my church on Thursday its youth night just come see if you like it and I was like okay I’ll try it. Then I started going regularly, then I started going Wednesday Thursday Sunday three times a week. About a month and a half into going to this new church on a Thursday night they played STACI'S STORY it grabbed a hold of my heart and just squeezed everything out me. Her story is so amazing I only wish I would of had a chance to of known her. It's has totally changed everything about who I am and how I follow God. I committed myself to GOD that night we watched the video. I'm committed myself to God and got baptized a month later and have been saved and walking in his path since. Staci has forever changed my life and is an amazing person and will never be forgotten.... I've been praying for over a month that I would find you I’m so grateful for everything that God has blessed me with since I’ve accepted him as my savior.... I really couldn't ask for more.
- Last night's Cheer Banquet was definitely a memorable event for area cheerleaders and coaches that were in attendance. A very moving video called "Staci's Story" was shown. It is the story of a high school cheerleader who came to know Jesus as her Savior in 2004. During the next year she was on fire for Jesus and everyone at her high school noticed a difference in her. Many came to trust Jesus as their Savior and Lord because of her influence. In March of 2005 she died suddenly of a viral infection. The video shows, through interviews with her friends, the difference she made at her school in just one short year. Forty-seven faith commitments were indicated on the response cards, of which four were first-time decisions to trust Jesus as Savior. Below are a few of the comments we received on the response cards: Thank you! I appreciate all you do to bring young people to the Lord. Please continue this ministry! It was very good. I loved it! It has showed me and taught me who really matters to me the most. This banquet made a very great impression on me. This banquet has showed me and taught me so much and the funny thing is I've known all of this but I guess seeing this in person and seeing how much Staci impacted people's lives has showed me that I wanna be a "Staci". This banquet was amazing! I felt God in this place! You all really brought the spirit in. My heart felt so open to every aspect of this banquet. God bless you all. Don't ever doubt that your time, efforts, and financial contributions are making a difference. Thank you for making these events possible.
- UK: Dear Staci's Mother and Father, I have just come across Staci's memorial page and I would just like to express me deepest condolences to the loss of your wonderful daughter. I am sure she is looking down on you and smiling.
- Canada: Amazing testimony! so quickly matured in the Lord! I can hear her now "Shed no tears for me...for I am with my Saviour!"
- New Zealand: What a beautiful child. Her story makes me appreciate the valuable life and pleasure I get from my own 17-year-old daughter. I will go and plant a kiss on her cheek now, as she sleeps, and say a prayer for Staci. God Bless.
- Staci, I didn’t know you in life, but you sound like an angel. What beautiful little girl you were and always will be. It is true every time I see something like this, the good do die young. Another angel gone back to heaven.
- The pages really touched me and made me want to say, you all were so lucky to have such a smart girl who had enough sense to turn her life around before it was to late. I wish all the young kids had a head like hers on their shoulders.
- Staci was truly a special young lady. I was browsing through online memorials, as I've made some myself for departed family members, when I came across Staci's. Something about this girl really touched my heart and has made a permanent and positive impression upon me. She was truly a beautiful girl, but it's her inner beauty that really shines through. How proud you must be of her, as she continues to bring people closer to God. Remember, she is with the Lord -- she lives! I pray for her and you, her loved ones, every night, and I also ask Staci to pray for me. We will all be reunited one day, never to be separated again. I firmly believe Staci is watching over you and protecting you by the power of our Dear Lord. I wish you love, peace and comfort; you truly have a special and wonderful daughter in heaven!
- Thank you Kristen (Staci's mom) for sharing your most wonderful daughter's story. My family and I were very inspired with Staci and cannot begin to express in words how motivational the CD is. Here's to you and your most precious angel!
- I live in England and you really touched me Staci she was a beautiful young lady and smart I’m sure she is happy that you are still thinking about her and I’m sure she is looking down on you thinking what lovely family and friends
- Your daughter, Staci, was and is a unique individual. What a wonderful gift from God she must have been in your lives. I really believe that in dying we find our most precious reward, living in the kingdom of Our Lord, and certainly that is where your precious daughter is today. As human beings, we can't even imagine the paradise that she is experiencing, we grieve, only because we don't know where she is. We are promised a Heaven that is so wonderful that we don't have the capacity to even be able to imagine it, that's where Staci is. She is probably looking down on you right now and saying,” If you only knew where I was you would not cry for me, you would cry for yourself, you are still on earth and I am cradled in the hands of our Lord." She obviously was a very religious person, and I pray that gives you relief in this journey called life that you and your family must travel through without your beloved daughter. I know it's not easy, but I'll bet Staci wouldn't want sadness associated with her name. When you think, and speak of her, make sure you do it with a smile on your face, although I never knew her, I can see by all that I've read she would be happy knowing that her family was happy. God Bless you, and I will pray for your peacefulness.
- West Africa: I read about Staci and felt a longing in my soul. A longing to know more about Jesus, to talk to Him as a friend, to help me walk according to the will and plan of God. I'm really blessed. She's made me check myself and to want to live everyday of my life as though it were the last. To live my life for God. Staci, rest on and shout Hallelujah forever in the presence of our Lord.
- Staci Stephens...AN AMAZING GIRL!! Today my life totally changed be cause of her...Jesus used her to reach out to me!! She was on fire for Jesus! AMEN! Jesus was her everything.. and now he is my everything too! I was just living life like I knew I was going to be here tomorrow.. but the truth is...only God knows!! Today I AM CHANGED...for JESUS!! I will never go another day without praising Jesus' name! Thank you God bless! God is SO SO SO good!
- I am 11 years old and heard about Staci. I am so sorry but also happy she is living in heaven with Jesus. I believe in God ALOT! But as I watched the video of Staci I realized that I want to stay with Jesus and die or when I die and go live with him. I talk to God alot and I see him alot well if you could.
- I’m a senior in High School in Charlotte, NC. I’m also the president of CYC (Committed Young Christians) I would like to be a Staci at my school. I am so waiting until the point where I can say I led someone to Jesus Christ and Staci’s story has inspired me.
- I showed Staci’s video today. I started out by asking the youth group to think of someone who has impacted their lives in a major way. So as they were thinking I showed the video of Staci Story, and by the time it was over I noticed tears in some eyes, and as I was showing the video I also called out some ones name in the youth group and instructed them they were dead please scoot your seat back, I told them how they died. It really had an impact as you will find out. When we were done I asked, first of all how did you like knowing that your friend died, then asked them who they thought of that was an impact in their lives. To make things short 2 of my youth got saved, and that is what it is all about thank you, and I know Staci is rejoicing in knowing that 2 more people will join her in heaven. May God Bless You.
- I’m a current student at Timber Creek and I was touched by Staci’s Story - who new just one person could touch as many people as Staci did. I remember going to church and that is when I met Staci and ever since then I accepted Jesus as his lord and savior into my life!!
- I am looking forward to meeting Staci when I go to be with my heavenly Father. What an incredible young woman. I came across Staci's story in a grief group I belong to. My daughter passed away July 5th, 2007. She was 33. When I read the poem, My Mom Is A Survivor, I felt the tears flowing again. I was thinking of my own beautiful daughter who I know, without a doubt, is in heaven at this moment. God bless you and be with you.
- God Blessed your family with such an amazing daughter. Someone shared Staci's web site with me, her story has truly touched my soul. I knew that my children had to read about this remarkable young lady. I find it to be a blessing that Staci had a love for Christ. I tell my children that we all need the Lord know matter how young or old we are. Thanks for being a leader for children! Thank you for sharing your daughter's story with us.
- I have never met you or Staci...but I wanted you to know that I have been deeply impacted by her story. Like her, I've been a cheerleader all of my life and very involved with Student Venture. I saw Staci's video on the 2005 conference. Through your video, one of my best friends accepted Christ at fast break with me. I have a copy of the DVD and show it regularly at the Freshman girls’ bible study that I lead. During discussions, it is common for girls to say things like..."I bet Staci Stephens would do it this way." I got the chance to share the gospel in front of my high school, and I was nervous...but honestly knew that Staci was with me. Thank you for your inspiring story. It has impacted Carmel, Indiana in huge ways!!
- I have watched this video so many times and I am inspired every time I watch it. I am on staff with Crusade in Austin Texas. I am so grateful for Staci.. and her changed life.. and the amazing ministry that is happening at Timber Creek thru Student Venture... The life and hope that Staci portrayed is such a blessing.. life giving .... Thanks to all who have been a part of this video and ministry.. I want to be more like Jesus and tell more people about Him... thanks..
- I am presently sitting at the bedside of my 14-year-old daughter. On October 31, she was diagnosed with Myocarditis. She had a blood clot the size of a quarter in the lower left chamber of her heart. Two days ago, she was moved out of the critical care unit and into a regular room. The clot is gone and so is the fluid that surrounded her lungs. They are continuing to monitor her heart functioning, but considering the condition she was in, things are looking pretty good. The cardiologists say we are very, very lucky, but I know luck has nothing to do with it. The outpouring of prayers from our hometown churches and schools has been overwhelming. I ran across your daughter's websites today while researching Myocarditis on my laptop. I don't think this was by accident. I think there was a reason I found these sites today.
- I am 25 years old. I am in school at Mississippi State University majoring in educational psychology. I plan on being a counselor after I am finished with my education. I watched this film one night at church and I was really moved by it. It brought tears to my eyes. I was really active in the Baptist student Union and our director always tells us not to be on bad terms with a friend, because it might be their last day that we see them.
- Staci's story has really touched my life, I am sure you get numerous emails stating that. But her story reminds me that I need to get off my butt and really look for God with my whole heart because I never know when my time may come to go home. I have such a deep passion for others to know Christ and I want to tell others about His love but that will only happen if I dedicate myself like Staci did to searching for God above all else.
- Stac, words can't explain how much you have impacted this world.. as sad as it is to know that you aren't here on earth with us anymore, I find so much comfort in the fact that you are with our Father, our Best Friend, our Redeemer- you are in His arms, forever.. You got to see His face on March 13th.. personally, I’m jealous- because you're Home.. you're safe.. you are so happy right now- and I'm so happy for you.. Stac you affected so many people. You were an amazing servant for God. You never gave up hope.. You spread His word like no other.. Stac the world really needs more people like you. -- the years that I knew you were amazing, you've shown me so much and you just shined for Christ.. we will meet again and we will get that chance :) and I can't wait for that day.. Love you Stac*
- Inspiration eMails Received 2005 – 2006:
- Wow...How great is our God and savior. Well it is often said that God works in mysterious ways, and I admire you as Staci's parents, for seeing that in the midst of a tragedy, there was a grand plan to Staci’s Life and Death. I pray that your family will stand for God until his coming and that you will see Gods work throughout your life. I am thankful that God has had favour over my life and I to hope that I will fulfill my calling as a minister one day. I ask for your help and anybody reading this to pray for me to accomplish this and spread Gods greatness. And I will in turn spread the beautiful story of Staci Stephens life throughout South Africa. Have faith and God Bless.
- I have watched the Staci's Story many times and every time gives me the same fire that I believe Staci felt. The first time I watched it was at my school's FCA. Which is a student led worship every Friday morning before school. I watched it there and was renewed with my outlook on life and on God. Like Staci, I had God in my head, but not in my heart. That day after school, I logged onto the website for Staci's Story. I read through everything and was hooked on everything of what God had to say through Staci and everything about her story. I loved the video so much I decided to share it with my church's youth group. I could see the power of God working through many people. I only wish that her story would spread throughout the world. I know that I don't know Staci, you, or any of the people she knew, but I do know God, and that is what will makes us the same. I am now a sophomore at my high school and I could just picture something like that happening to one of my friends or family. I have never lost someone like that so I cannot say fairly that can relate or understand your pain. My heart does reach for you and I pray to God and thank Staci every night for saving me and the friends I hold dear. Please do not consider this message as one that is just one to make me sound special or something. I want you to know that my feelings are genuine and my heart and soul will forever thank Staci's life, death, and teachings. Thank you Staci.
- Staci has touched many lives in very many ways! I know I loved her dearly and so did everyone else. People thought just because she was a cheerleader she was not smart, but they were wrong, she was and still is the most amazing person I knew. She taught me how to believe w/ all my heart to be with god 247. Now God has me all the way I'm missing nothing. STACI today is my #1 hero and always will be. I love and will always miss you Staci. Forever in my heart.
- Wednesday night was my first night going to youth group in a long time. I haven’t been going to my church because I have been feeling very disconnected with God. I have had a very hard two years in Florida. I moved here from California two years ago, and had to leave behind my church. I was very involved. Since then, I haven't been able to find a place where god has told me he wants me to be, until last night. Your testimony about Staci touched my heart. Just hearing about her changes she went through after she accepted Christ, just makes me want to accept him all over again. You are truly blessed to have someone like Staci, who can touch someone’s heart, just by hearing about all her achievements. I am sorry I didn’t get to meet her, she sounds amazing. After last night, I made a promise to take my walk with God to a new level, and I’ve never felt better. You will be in my prayers. love, your friend
- I'm a girl that lives in Brevard County, FL. I was in the waiting room for the dentist today and I was reading through the newspaper. I came to the Space Coast section of the newspaper and saw something titled "In Memoriam". I looked under the title and saw your daughters face. From the second I saw the picture, I knew who she was. Last year in a Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) meeting, a friend of mine played the DVD inspired by Staci. Since I saw the DVD, I feel like I know Staci and your family because her testimony has really changed my life. It truthfully has encouraged me to live a better life. The words the float around in Staci's journal really touched me and has made me think about my life and relationship with Christ. Even though I could write words and words describing how she has changed my life and many others, there are two simple words to sum it all up: Thank You. I have and will pray for you and your family, especially on a day like today - Staci's birthday. You, I, and everyone has truly been blessed with Staci's words and presence. May God and Staci be with you
- I just wanted to tell you that I heard about Staci's story in Church at Indian River City United Methodist Church and was very touched. After hearing that it really made me think about it later on that night and later on that I had accepted Jesus in my life. Hearing about Staci made me think that me being 14 I wanted to develop a relationship with God now and need to talk to him more and share my feelings to him. So I really want to say thank you so very much for sharing your story. God Bless You
- Staci, I didn’t know you personally but I just wanted to thank you. You brought me closer to God. You were truly an amazing person. I love you.
- I was in only 9th grade the year that Staci passed at Timber Creek high school! I as a student was given a copy of " A HEART TO CHANGE " I immediately came home and popped it in my DVD player! I still watch the story today. And My heart was changed with my faith in GOD! I want to think Staci Stephens for changing my faith as It stood! I did not personally Know Staci, I was not on the cheer team, and I was not in drill or any organization at school. I never even heard of Staci up until I heard about her death! Me being a compassionate person I felt love and grieve for Staci's friends and family anyways! Even though we as in our own clique did not personally know Staci, I wanted to learn from her, I thought she must have been big if they're making a movie on her! And proudly I did learn from her. But we cannot be selfish and want her here on earth with us, then we would be.. she belongs home with our Lord and Christ Jesus! Like I said I never even heard of STACI STEPHENS up till her death, But this 1 girl, this one not so ordinary girl changed my life, my heart and my faith... All I had to do was here her story and here how she wanted to tell it! I never heard of the diagnosis that Staci had died from, And I hope that they find someway to prevent more deaths. I know it must have been awful! I know it’s a little late to be writing now, It has almost been two years since Staci's death! But I figured I would Find her space and leave my thoughts to her friends and family! I am in 11th grade now, and I am going to a totally different school, WEST ORANGE HIGH SCHOOL! And believe it or not people here have heard of the Staci Stephens story, " A HEART TO CHANGE " I was a little surprised but they knew all about her! And I helped Spread her word to those who did not know her or have not heard of her, and I hoped that with Staci's helped, I have had more than a few HEARTS TO CHANGE! Well Staci beloved friends.. that is all I got to say right now... Please do know that it was still hard for me for loosing Staci But I know it was even 1000 times harder for you all... It was only hard for me because I have learned from A HEART TO CHANGE!!!! well beloved, God Bless and may Christ Jesus be in all of your hearts...
- Staci is a beautiful girl and as someone who was in youth ministry for 10 years and loves teenagers I wish I would have known her. I think as I show this video I will get to know her, and I can't wait to give you reports of those who she helps bring to Christ through this video.
- Another awesome youth retreat to around 250 students from several denominations - this time in Canada. As usual I showed Staci's video and as usual God used it to bring major impact.
- I'm showing Staci's video at a youth retreat in Indianapolis at the weekend. I've included the video into a message I'll be doing regularly as part of youth retreats and camps (of which I am doing many across the USA and Canada in 2007) so it will be shown far and wide.
- That night when I heard Staci’s story I cried so hard. Wednesday night was amazing. I felt totally reconnected. I know that I haven’t been the best Christian I could be. I know I could be better. I want to be like Staci and share my knowledge of God to everyone I know. Her story really wants to make you do something about it. The story moved me and moved alot of people. you must be going through a tough time right now. this whole week at school I wrote I love Jesus on my hand. a kid that sits next to me asked why I have it on my hand. I told him because I love Jesus and he loves me. I want to be the best Christian I can be. this story has helped so much! Thank You for sharing! God Bless you
If you would like to donate to “The Staci Stephens Fund, Inc.,” a tax-deductible 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization.
To donate via Paypal, Click Here:
Back to top